HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!!!
If you are looking for a hound friendly pancake recipe, this could just be the one!
Buckwheat Dog Pancakes with Peanut Butter Drizzle are sure to get your pet’s tail wagging and lips smacking! Serve these Buckwheat Dog Pancakes with fresh strawberries for an extra treat. Gluten free for pets with wheat intolerances.
From The Worktop.com. We love the added bone shaped pancake with the peanut drizzle! Recipe below:
For the pancakes
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter (unsalted) – room temperature
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cook polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons water – as needed
- oil – for cooking, as needed
For the Peanut Butter Drizzle:
- 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter *ENSURE YOU USE DOG FRIENDLY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1 Tablespoon of warm water
- Fresh Strawberries, washed, hulled and chopped.
To make the pancakes
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg. Mix in the buttermilk and peanut butter. Mix in the buckwheat flour, polenta and baking powder. The batter should be thick, but be able to drizzle off a spoon very slowly. Add water by the tablespoon, if needed (the consistency of your batter will depend on your brand of buttermilk and peanut butter). Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle to medium heat. Add a bit of oil to the griddle if needed to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Drop the pancake batter on the griddle. If using a dog bone cookie cutter, quickly use a spoon to spread the batter out into a rectangular shape that will fit your dog bone cookie cutter. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the underside is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute, until both sides are golden brown.
- Cut each pancake with a dog bone cookie cutter, if using.
To make the peanut butter drizzle
- Mix 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with 1 tablespoon of water. Depending on your brand of peanut butter, you may need to slightly adjust the amount of water to get a runny consistency.
- Top pancakes with peanut butter drizzle and fresh strawberries.