Well really they can be any shape you like!
250g Wholemeal Flour
125g Porridge Oats
150ml Sunflower or Rapeseed Oil
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 tsp Caraway Seeds
1tbsp Parsley ( finely chopped)
Preheat oven to 170 C/Gas Mark 3
- Sift the flour into the mixing bowl & then add the oatmeal & porridge oats. Mix together well.
- Make a well in the centre of the mix and pour in the oil, followed by the beaten eggs, carrots, caraway seeds & parsley. Mix well until you a sticky dough.
- Lightly dust an area of work surface with flour and knead the dough for a few minutes until it is smooth. Dust a rolling pin & roll onto the floured surface until it is approx. 7mm in thickness.
- Cut out the biscuits with your choice of cutter & place onto a lined baking tray leaving a little space between each biscuit.
- Bake in the oven for around 50 minutes or until the biscuits are crisp and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an air tight container.